06 April 2008

prep #15 -- Reason. We don't need no stinking reason

To decide to take the steps to prepare for the PCT, I listened to my heart.

Now as the day of actually putting foot on the trail approaches, I continue to reevaluate my decision.


By the graceful conversation with my friend, I realize there is no simple reason that I continue to say yes to Hiking the PCT. That having a simply reason may be a dishonor to God who is ever mysterious. So I continue towards my hike with an ever fluctuating motivation and determination.

Will I have courage to continue following this Mysterious Way of Grace through-out my life? Especially when societal norms and aversion to risking raises in my future? Thankfully I'm not in the future yet, I can be grateful for the clarity of my present choices.

No comments: